24/7 Emergency Service Numbers
Eastern Ontario Power has a strong and reliable electricity system, but occasionally we are at the mercy of the Canadian climate.
In the winter, heavy snow or ice storms can cause power lines to break, while in the summer and fall, fierce winds, rain and lightning can cause extensive tree damage that leads to power outages.
In the event the power goes out, we have a six-step recovery plan in place to restore power to you, the customer, as quickly and safely as possible.
What to do in a power outage
- In case of a power outage or emergency, call Eastern Ontario Power: 1-844-601-WIRE (9473)
- Always stay clear of downed lines or equipment. Never assume that they are safe to go near.
- Unplug any sensitive equipment or appliances.
Information to have ready
- Account number (found on your electricity bill).
- Phone number of the home or business you’re calling about as well as service address and closest intersection.
- Any details about the possible cause of the outage, such as a tree hitting the line in front of your house or if you see a wire down will help us assess the situation.